№ 839 20 PERSONAL SL QUESTIONS

Hello I am back on the Strawberry Singh challenge wagon I skipped two of them and now that I have 3.5 weeks free from work maybe I try to do both and play catch up later on this week. Nothing more then 20 probing question so no more small talk I need space to get them done.


Necklace ~TANTALUM~ Lost @ Sea Necklace *NEW*

Meme instructions by Berry herself: Answer the following 20 personal questions about your Second Life. Don’t forget to share a link here.


  1. When and how did you discover Second Life? – I discovered it December 2008  trough my brother who saw it on a TV documentary and I was home sick.
  2. Did you know about virtual worlds before or was this your first experience with them? – Like Strawberry I did played the SIMs building houses and because of that my brother told me there is some kind of online version of that game as well so I checked it out. Never got in to building here  though.
  3. Has Second Life met your expectations? – I thought it would be just a quick visit for one day to see where the talk was all about. Did not have expectations really.
  4. If you could teleport back to the first ten minutes of your avatar’s slife, what would you tell yourself? – Go on the web , look for tutorials about sl You don't need to discover the sl wheel all over again.
  5. How long did it take you to master avatar flying and driving vehicles inworld? – Don't know when I learned about the flying  I  still can not drive and I suck in shooting games in mouse lock as well.
  6. Do you have a mystery alt? – Not a mystery or a secret I got a teenage girl alt and  a male alt. Both of them made on a boring raining day with a friend so we could play dress up with another pixel Barbie Like a pixel Ken and a pixel Skipper the little sister of Barbie. I forgot the password for both of them so they stay quiet for ever. Maintaining one avi is costing a fortune already. I need a 3th life and a second job to maintain more avi's so I stick to inkie alone.
  7. Is your SL avatar a reflection of you, or someone you wished you could be? – I would be lying if I told you that I am a spitting image of my avi. I am a dyed red head but there the resemblance stops. Do I wish to look like her ? Yes Do I play a role in her personal wise ? Not anymore I was a sub in a BDSM role play and I tried the world of Gor but I was not very good at being submissive and was kicked out... game over.
  8. Is there an individual you met in SL that inspired you in your RL? How? – No
  9. Do you feel it is easier to create stronger bonds/relationships with people you meet inworld as opposed to the real world? – No In real life I am a social person in second life I am a hermit.  I don't see the other side that makes me suspicious so I don't feel the need to get close to people inworld. There are some who got trough to me but I can count them on the fingers of one hand.
  10. Did you ever imagine or believe people could fall in love with someone they never met before Second Life? – I know it is happening. I know people who living together in real life and are happy together. I am happy for them. I know horror story's as well of people moving to the other side of the ocean en then it turned out to be a huge disappointment. I never say never but I don't see this happening to me. That has nothing to do with second life but more with me I am not be a believer in happily ever after.
  11. How has your perspective of dating changed (or not) since you started playing second life? – I am not in the dating stage of my life. I got trust issues with man I trust them as far as I can see them :D  so I have to sort that out myself before I go out on dates again. It won't be fair to put my issues on the guy. In second life seeing somebody does not say nothing because IM you never know what the other is up to.
  12. How has your perspective of employment changed (or not) since you started playing second life? – No
  13. Name three things in both your lives that overlap each other significantly. – Love of music. I listen to live DJ's in second life and I go to festivals and party's to listen to DJ's as well. My love of fashion. Mixing and matching colors and styles to create a new look every day. I prefer sl where I can wear heels in real life I can't because of back problems.
  14. If you could live your life more immersively in a virtual world, would you? (Kind of like the Matrix) – No I am a flesh and bones kind of girl. I need to smell the coffee and taste the cream.
  15. How do you think behavior changes for people if they’re inworld vs in real world? Why do you think that is? – Yes people are just plain rude and obnoxious. Not only in world but also on social media platforms where  sl residents having contact I see a lot of rudeness going on. Calling people greedy,  lyers and cheaters without even knowing each other. If you can not say something positive and nice please shut the fuck up ( excuse my language needed to get this of my sl chest for a long time) Why people do that ? They must have a abusive real life and they want to know how it feels on the other side of the fence. They need to grow up but please don't do that around me. Chill and relax so I can do the same.
  16. How has second life consumerism changed your perception of spending habits, the value of money, the need to be “bleeding edge” with fashion?– In real life I can balance my checkbook very well. I hope one day I manage that in sl as well. The fact that I know how to handle my rl money made me put inkie on a second life budget and half way trough the Month inkie is a broke ass avi already.
  17. Do you think virtual worlds like SL drive and redefine human interaction or do they narrow and limit it? – Hard question difficult to answer. I think like every technology life's are about to change trough and because of it. If this is for the better of for the worst only time can tell. In Holland in the past people were scared when they saw the windmills for the first time they thought it will sour the milk and kill the cows. In the end it made our country bigger and safer  because the mills dried the land and protected us from floods.
  18. If technology progressed tomorrow to allow you to send emotions to people the way you’d send text or voice messages, would it enrich your SL experience or infringe on it? – Not my cup of tea  I won't be a trendsetter here for sure.
  19. Name three skills you attribute to having learned or honed in second life alone. – Social Networking , blogging and phot0shop but with help from Berry Singh
  20. If your grand kids googled your Second Life Avatar’s name, would they be intrigued, disgusted, proud or something else? – I think they would laugh at the old fashion mesh avatars. They will be moving around in the cloud as them self in any form or shape way more advanced then mesh ever was.

Skin  -Glam Affair-  Brandi 
Lipstick [theSkinnery]  Quiana Lip Intensity 6
Hair .ploom.   Indecisive
Navy Uniform & Hat  *Fishy Strawberry*  @ My Attic Pin-Up Blue
Shoes =MODA= DESIGNS  Sombri Patent Heels 
For Slink High Feet 

Decorations and Scenery 

Beach & Dunes   Skye  by Alex Bader 
Arched Cliff Studio Skye by Alex Bader  Skye Cliff 4
Chair with Towel  { what next}  Waterfront Chair by Winter Torn
Wagon  Seven Emporium  7 Little Red Wagon  by Agustov 
Boat  Mesh Mafia by MeshtakesWereMade Wooden Boat




Comments

Popular Posts